We, as followers of Jesus Christ, have been commanded to “Go and make disciples of all the nations” (Matthew 28:19).
First Presbyterian Church is following that command by supporting 72 local, national, and international missionaries and mission agencies. We also send out groups of students and adults to do various short term missions work. Approximately 17% of our annual budget is designated for missions and mission activities.
Below are some video links of our recent mission events:
Community Serve Week
Global & Local Missions
To know more about the missionaries and mission agencies, click on one of the links below:
Mission Emphasis Month
Every year, Missions Emphasis Month is held in February. Pastors and speakers from local and international missions and ministries visit and share their testimonies with us, and display information and art at our Mission Fair (the last Sunday of Missions month). This is a wonderful time to get to know the heart we have for missions and enjoy fellowship with Christian missionaries from all over the world.
Upcoming Mission Trips: Cuba in spring 2013; Peru in summer 2013. Contact Rev. Hilliard for details.
For the Current Prayer Requests of our Missionaries, click here.
Mission Application: Please complete this form:
How to Pray for Missionaries
You may ask, “How do I pray for missionaries? What are their needs? How do I pray for someone so far away whom I do not know and perhaps may never see?”
Here are ways to pray for our missionaries:
- Pray for the missionaries’ personal relationship with God.
- Pray for the missionaries’ physical and emotional needs. Pray against discouragement, depression, loneliness and homesickness.
- Pray that the missionaries can make the necessary adjustments to living on their fields of labor.
- Pray that God will open doors of ministry, blessing partnerships and friendships and that those who serve will be led by the Holy Spirit and recognize open-door opportunities.
- Pray for revival in each nation and region of the world.
- Pray that the Spirit will provide them with words that communicate effectively in other cultures and languages.
- Pray that the missionaries would find favor in the eyes of those in high places that can help to further the kingdom.
- Pray that missionaries will have boldness to overcome the fear or embarrassment or failure.
- Pray for freedom to preach the gospel and that the people will be responsive to the message.
- Pray for strength and stamina as missionaries encounter antagonistic spiritual forces.
- Pray that God’s Word will indeed spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes.
- Pray that God will change the hearts of those who are resistant to His Word.
- Pray that God will keep Christian workers safe from those who seek to hurt them.
- Pray that the missionary’s ministry and attitude will be worthy of acceptance.
- Pray for good relationships among co-workers and the national workers.
- Pray that the Lord will help the missionaries develop good national leaders that will multiply their efforts.
- Pray for clear guidance from God regarding travel decisions.
- Pray for protection and provision during their travels and for necessary permissions to travel.
- Pray that God will provide opportunities for missionaries in lonely places to spend time with other believers.
- Pray that God will provide times of peace and relaxation to refresh His workers and that God will encourage Missionaries with the knowledge that people back home care about their emotional well-being.